Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Can you feel it?

It's 2 a.m. and instead of dancing with sugar plum fairies, I’m sitting in front of the TV.

And I’m not watching some scary movie or late night talk show. I’m watching the news … more specifically, I’m mesmerized by the last-minute frenzy of coverage to Election Day 2008.

Can you feel what I feel?

In less than 24 hours, our country will change forever. I guess you could really say this about any day – as we don’t know what the next moment will bring. But this is different.

By this time tomorrow we will have a new president elect and the beginnings of change … for the better or worse. But more importantly, this presidential campaign period – dubbed to be the longest in history – has made Americans consciously aware of one thing: We are ONE nation, under God.

Over the past six months I’ve seen people of all races, ethnicities, most religions, sexual orientations and more coming together like I haven’t seen since Sept. 11, 2001. It was then that our country was attacked and we rallied together.

Sure there is still some divisiveness, but regardless who wins, all of us want to put aside the bickering, the finger-pointing, the hatred and more to create a “bipartisan residency” that will make us the country we can once again believe in.

No comments: