Sunday, November 9, 2008

Oh no…it’s coming!!!

Earlier today, Sunday, I took a break from the computer and decided to find something to watch on TV.

I checked out the channel guide only to find a must-see 30-minute program: The DTV Transition Show.

They have got to be joking!

When I turned to the sponsoring station, which will remain nameless, I was happy
instead to find the Vikings beating the Packers 12-7 with 7:35 left in the second quarter. But the thought that there was a “DTV Transition Show” scheduled to air (and maybe it did at another time) has got me wondering.

Unless you’ve been out of the country, you know that on Feb. 17 of next year, all analog television sets will cease to work. That’s 100 day, 4 hours, 43 minutes and 50 seconds to DTV Day as I write this sentence, according to the dtvtransition.org countdown clock. At that time, television stations across the country will complete their transition to an all-digital system.


There have been commercials coming out of my rabbit ears. There have been running tickers across my favorite TV programs. A few weeks ago there was a test by all the stations (at least locally) to help people determine if their set was ready or not. There's even been news segments and paid programming telling us that we need to upgrade to a digital TV, a digital cable or satellite service or buy a converter so that we will see more than a White Christmas come Feb. 17.


Who doesn’t know that this conversion is about to take place??!!


Hmmm...maybe those who don’t have a television set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the humorous look at a subject that has been drummed into my head, my mind, my whole being!

To those who find it so necessary to make sure that we're informed...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! WE GET IT! Now please give us back our TVs without "DTV Transition" information.